Keith Olbermann...What's Wrong with this guy ?
Playback Editor on 12/23/06
I attempt to remain balanced. I try to read all perspectives and watch various media forms to view what everyone has to say. While without question the America media is tilted seriously left, most news programs attempt to keep a degree of open minded integrity about themselves. Keith Olbermann is an exception. Frankly I have never seen the likes of him anywhere.
This is a portrait of an unhappy man trying to play off a failing image, proven by his ratings. I honestly have never seen such a smug, condescending, obnoxious figure on any major cable news program in my life. He is an embarrassment to himself as well as to MSNBC.
The first time I recognized he was a bit off was when I caught him exploding on his show as Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. Here was Olbermann ranting on, literally foaming at the mouth, as he bitterly lashed out at the president personally. It was such an unprofessional moment it literally took me moments to ingest what channel I hit and who I was watching.
I understand cable networks are not network news (or what once passed for network news), but usually the 8 p.m. time slots are programed with the most credible of the cable networks, their poster boys. Olbermann is a real disgrace; his constant singling out of Bill O'Reilly is pathetic. Hardly a show goes by without Olbermann bring up O'Reilly and either lashing out at him or trying to talk down about him. Obviously O'Reilly is no saint, but he never even acknowledges that Olbermann exists. Possibly it is a key reason that O'Reilly's show destroys Olbermann's in the ratings and has done so for years.
I am going to keep a running tab of how often Olbermann rips out at his competitor. It is a morbid study because it is really sad. The man should work on increasing the level of content on his rudderless show.
See below from today:
WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD
• Bill O'Reilly gets caught in a lie Dec. 15: Bill O'Reilly falsely accused the city of Seattle of preventing a toy drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment