Blair Facing Rebellion over Defense Budget
I am really not 100% up to date on what British spend on its military, but it appears that a serious majority does not want to continue in the fashion that has kept Britain somewhat of a world power. I don't know if they feel spending might upset other nations they would rather pacify but I hope they understand that as the world changes, it does not only do so for Britain. The United States cannot be Europe's body guard forever. No one is telling them what to do. I simply say if they believe that the United States will front all bills in the future so kids can slam our president over beers in a pub, they are misleading themselves.
PM faces nuclear vote rebellion
BBC News, 03/14/07
Tony Blair may face his biggest Commons rebellion since the start of the Iraq war when MPs vote on plans to renew the UK's Trident nuclear weapons system. MPs will debate the £20bn plan to replace the submarines which carry the Trident missiles.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6448173.stm
No comments:
Post a Comment