Steyn : "They Care"
Author and columnist Mark Steyn offers insight gained on his book tour across the country. To expand his personal horizons (as well as combat boredom) he requests that his agent diversify his agenda by additionally booking him on the National Public Radio - Public Broadcast System tour. The attached article details his thoughts and experiences from this undertaking.
Steyn on America
KEEPING CALM
Tuesday, 06 March 2007
I have the most professional publishers I’ve ever had. Regnery, that is. They’re in the business of shifting product in large quantity, and to that end they’ve had me staggering from one radio or TV interview to another for months on end, plugging my book on the dangerously enfeebled state of western civilization. Mostly to the usual suspects, I have to admit: Fox, right-wing talk-radio, and so on. But a few weeks ago I suggested to my publicist that, much as I enjoyed taking calls that began, “Your book is the best book I’ve read in my entire adult life”, I wouldn’t mind doing a few shows from the other side, down the NPR-PBS end of things.
http://www.steynonline.com/content/blogcategory/13/99/
No comments:
Post a Comment