Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Thomas Friedman: At a Theater Near You ...

A tough day for Thomas Friedman...he realizes he cannot blame the Islamic extremest phenomena and all it's ramifications on George Bush. What now Tom ?

At a Theater Near You ...
By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
Published: July 4, 2007
London

I knew something was up when I couldn’t get a cab. Then there were sirens and helicopters whirring overhead. I stopped a passerby to ask what was going on. He said something about a car bomb outside a disco six blocks from my hotel. A few hours later, I finally found a taxi. The driver warned me that it was nearly impossible to get across town. Another bomb had been uncovered in a car park. Next day, more news: a suicide bomber had driven his Jeep into an airport and jumped out, his body on fire, screaming “Allah! Allah!”

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/opinion/04friedman.html?n=Top%2fOpinion%2fEditorials%20and%20Op%2dEd%2fOp%2dEd%2fColumnists%2fThomas%20L%20Friedman

No comments: